TOP is a web-based platform offering users from the atmospheric sciences domain a Virtual Research Environment (VRE) to exploit Copernicus atmospheric and climate data products, such as COPERNICUS Sentinel-5 Precursor data and CAMS products. Deployed on the MUNDI DIAS, it is the first operational platform implementing the data triangle (EO, model and in-situ data) and hence creates an atmospheric multi-source data cube, stimulating a multidisciplinary scientific approach due to the availability of various collections. The keypoints of TOP are:
- Based on OGC-standardised (Open Geospatial Consortium) data discovery and access, multiple heterogeneous datasets can be explored simultaneously, without the need to have any knowledge of the original products.
- As (new) data available on the DIAS will be directly accessible through TOP, the time to collect and prepare data is omitted.
- Local storage space and personal computer resources are preserved, since all data reside in the remote environment and the processing is performed remotely.
- A project-based approach: Use TOP for your specific project in a collaborative way – Stop worrying about data preparation and sharing during your project duration! In addition to existing data, TOP offers you to upload owned data, perform processing, compare and download results. Use TOP for specific services – You are looking for a cost efficient and presentation effective way of presenting atmospheric products from multiple sources? This is the right place for you!
- Data triangle exploitation: Explore and exploit satellite, model & in-situ data simultaneously and on-the-fly!
- User interfaces: Whether you prefer the Command Line Interface, the Jupyter Notebook Interface or a Graphical User Interface, we got you covered!